Menu Open menu
Find a branch Find a branch
Please enter your postcode using only letters and numbers. Please enter a postcode.

Call us 0800 121 8899

Customer Service Centre

We're open and we're here to help you. The opening hours may be different and the wait time might be longer than usual during busy times. Thank you for your patience.

Opening hours

Monday to Friday 8am-7pm
Saturday 9am-2pm
Sunday closed
Closed on bank holidays 

Free call from mobiles and landlines.

All enquiries 0800 121 8899

Call costs explained

Login Login
Maintenance update

We’re giving our system a bit of a check up tonight from 11pm for a few hours. While we do that, our Online Services, password set-up service and savings account opening won't be available. We’ll be back up and running by the morning.

Already registered for Online Services?

If you've already registered, you can update your personal details such as your phone number and email address through Online Services.  You can also ask us to do this for you at a branch, or by calling us on 0800 121 6263.

Change your Direct Debit details

To change the date we collect your Direct Debit, or the amount we collect, please call us on 0800 121 6263 or pop into your local branch.

To change the account you use to pay your Direct Debit, please call us on 0800 121 6263 or complete and sign a new Direct Debit mandate form and then send it by Freepost to:


It's important that you write all of the address in uppercase as above.

You don't need to use a stamp. Royal Mail delivers Freepost as Second Class mail.

To tell us that you’ve changed your address

Fill in a change of address form and send it to us at:


It's important that you write the address exactly like this, in capital letters, all on one line. You don't need a stamp. Royal Mail delivers Freepost as Second Class mail.

If you ask us to change your address, we’ll confirm this in writing by posting a letter to you at both your new address and your old address. We need to do this as a fraud prevention measure.

To tell us that your name has changed

The easiest way to do this is pop into a branch - bring your documents and we can verify the change and update your details there and then.

Alternatively, you can fill in a change of name form and send it to us, with supporting documents (see below), at: 


It's important that you write the address exactly like this, in capital letters, all on one line. You don't need a stamp. Royal Mail delivers Freepost as Second Class mail.

Please note: if you change your name with us, we automatically re-issue any cash cards you have for your accounts. You’ll receive them in the post and you can use the same PIN. Your cards with your old name on will become inactive as soon as the new cards are produced.

Documents we need to see if you change your name 

If you want to change your title (for example Mrs to Ms or Ms to Dr), we don’t need to see documentation.

If you want to change your name on your accounts with us, you must show us original documents or certified copies of documents to prove the change. (There’s more about how to certify documents here: Identification)

The documents we need to see depend on what change you’re making. We accept these documents:

  • Marriage Certificate
    (If you get married overseas and have a foreign marriage certificate, please call us or ask at a branch and we’ll explain what we can accept.)
  • Civil Partnership document
  • Certificate of Deed Poll or Deed Poll prepared by UK Deed Poll Service 
  • Statutory Declaration on Change of Name
  • Decree Absolute
  • Civil Partnership dissolution document
  • Birth certificate or Marriage Certificate
    (If you’re changing back to your maiden name. This must be accompanied by a signed letter from you.)
  • Adoption Deed
  • Birth Certificate, re-issued (under 18s only)

We can’t accept passports or driving licences as proof of a name change because they don’t show the link between your old name and new name. 

Change your standing order details

You control the amount you pay us by standing order and the date on which the money is paid. To change either of these, simply contact the bank or building society your standing order is arranged with. 

Stop receiving information from us

Being open with you really matters to us. We think it's important to let you know when we develop new mortgage or savings products and services that might benefit you, or when we have news we think you should be aware of. But don't worry, we won't bombard you with information. We'll only contact you by email or post (no intrusive phone calls!), and you won't hear from us more than twice a month. We'll never pass on your details to third parties or try to sell you anything. 

If you do choose to opt out, you can call us on 0800 121 8899, pop in to a branch to see us, or unsubscribe when you next receive one of our emails. 

We will continue to send you your statements, statutory notices and other information relevant to your accounts as usual.