Make your password a mix of letters and numbers. If you think you'll struggle to remember a truly random set of letters and numbers, try switching numbers for specific letters or use a phrase to create your password, for example:
Samantha will be five on the ninth of August, could become SWB5OT9OA.
Passwords to avoid
- Only numbers or only letters e.g. 123456 or ABCDEF
- Names - your own, a family member or your pet's e.g. Rebecca, Thomas
- Dates of birth - either forward or backwards e.g. 1950 or 0591
- Any whole words that you would find in a dictionary e.g.password, football
- Any password you already use elsewhere on the internet