Menu Open menu
Find a branchFind a branch
Please enter your postcode using only letters and numbers. Please enter a postcode.

Call us0800 121 8899

Call us

Free call from mobiles & landlines

Monday to Friday 8am - 8pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Sunday 10am - 4pm
Bank Holiday - closed 

All enquiries 0800 121 8899

Call costs explained


The UK has signed up to an international agreement to share information to help tackle tax evasion. This means that if you have overseas tax residency or are a US citizen, we have to provide HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) with information about you and your account(s).

If you want to find out more about the agreements between different countries to share information, visit and type ‘exchange of information agreements’ in the search box.

Request for more information

If we’ve written to ask you for more information about yourself and/or your account, this is because:

We don’t have enough information about you and/or your account
We can’t determine your tax or US citizenship status


We think you might be a non-UK tax resident
Information that we hold for you, such as an overseas correspondence address, indicates that you could be a non-UK tax resident, or a US citizen, for the accounts you hold with us, but we want to be sure.

If we ask you to confirm your tax residence status, you must complete and return the Tax Status Confirmation form we enclosed with the letter we sent you. If you don’t respond we will share the account information we have with HMRC, based on the information we currently hold.

It's your responsibility to give us accurate details.

A TIN is your unique taxpayer reference number

Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) is allocated automatically by HMRC to anyone who has to submit a tax return in the UK.

If you're a tax resident of another country in the European Union and not sure where to find your TIN, this table shows the format of these numbers and which documents show them.

Tax Identification Numbers (PDF 150KB)

We're not able to give you tax advice

If you’re not sure or want to find out more, have a look at the information at or call your local tax office. If your tax affairs are complicated, you may wish to ask a tax advisor.

If you have any questions or need help sending us the information we need, please ask us at any branch or call us on 0800 121 8899. We’ll be happy to help.