Sit back and relax with a tax-free^ fixed rate of 2.75% p.a./AER* until 31.05.2018.
- Would you like to make the most of tax-free^ savings?
- Would you prefer to have a fixed interest rate on your money?
- Don't need access to your money before maturity?
Fixed until 31.05.2018
Login & apply
Select 'Login & apply' if you already use Online Services, as we'll usually be able to open your account straight away.
If you're looking for a tax-free savings account, to make the most of your money, and you want an interest rate that's fixed, then look no further than our Fixed Rate ISA (21) 31.05.2018.
Our Fixed Rate ISA (21) 31.05.2018 is a cash ISA designed for your 2014/2015 ISA allowance. Following the announcement made by the Government to reform ISAs into a new simpler product, The New ISA (NISA) on 1 July 2014, our Fixed Rate ISA (21) 31.05.2018 has an investment limit of £15,000.
- Deposit up to £15,000 which is your 2014/2015 ISA investment limit, dependant on any stocks and shares subscription you may have made in this tax year
- Transfers of previous years' ISA funds and subscriptions in future tax years' are not permitted
- Earn tax-free^ interest on your savings
- Enjoy a fixed interest rate of 2.75% tax-free^ p.a./AER* paid annually on 31 May
- Early closure subject to a charge of 120 days' interest on the closure balance
- Partial withdrawals not available before maturity
Please remember you can only deposit into one cash ISA each tax year. So, if you have any allowance left over after the deposit period, you'll only be able to pay it into a stocks and shares ISA.
Using your account
You can manage your Fixed Rate ISA (21) 31.05.2018 over the phone, in any of our branches and you can also add Online Services to your account. Plus, we'll send you an annual statement so you can see what's happening with your savings.
Paying money in
You can deposit up to £15,000 (your 2014/2015 NISA investment limit) dependent on any stocks and shares ISA subscription you may have already made for the 2014/2015 tax year. Deposits can be made by:
- electronic payment from your bank or building society
- transfer from another Coventry account
- cheque at a branch or by post
- cash at a branch
After you have made your initial deposit, you can make additional deposit(s) until 31 July 2014, while the account is open to new investors or for a period of seven calendar days, whichever is longest. If you have any ISA allowance left over after the deposit period, you'll only be able to pay it into a stocks and shares ISA.
- Partial withdrawals are not permitted prior to maturity. You can close your account prior to maturity without notice subject to you incurring a charge equal to 120 days' interest on the closure balance. Advance notice for closure cannot be given
- Interest is paid on 31 May each year
You have a choice of ways to apply for this account:
Applying for your new account online is quick, easy and secure.
Log in and apply
If you're an Online Services customer, you can log in and apply.
Give us a call
Our friendly team are waiting for your call - simply get in touch on 0845 766 5522.
Pop into branch
We're always happy to see you face-to-face and take you through the application process - simply pop into your nearest branch.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
^Interest on ISAs is paid tax-free, that is gross with no tax deducted.
ISAs are a savings scheme initiated by the Government and are subject to change by them. For example the favourable tax treatment may not be maintained. You must be 16 or over and a resident in the UK to open a cash ISA.