To help us continually improve our website, we collect non-personal data with cookies. Cookies tell us how you have navigated to and around our website. To find out more or if you wish to opt-out please view our Cookies policy.
Page content

First time buyer members' mortgage

At Coventry Building Society, we value the loyalty of our members. So to show our appreciation, we have designed this mortgage exclusively for existing members, their children or their grandchildren.

Our First Time Buyer Members' mortgage provides up to 90% of the value of your first home as well as an IKEA gift card shortly after your mortgage completes.

Get in touch

Call us to apply, get a quote or discuss your options
0800 121 6263
Find your nearest branch to book an appointment

Have you, your parents/guardian or your grand parents held an account with us consecutively for the last 3 years? If so, you could be eligible for our First Time Buyer Members' Mortgage.

We've designed this mortgage, which provides up to 90% of the property value, exclusively for our existing members and their children or grand children.

Latest product information


You can apply for the First Time Buyer Members' Mortgage if you've held a savings or current account with us for the last 3 years, or if one of your parents, grand parents or guardians has held a mortgage, savings or current account with us for the last 3 years.

You must also be buying your first property.

Low deposit needed

We understand how difficult it is to save up all the money you need to buy your first home.

This exclusive members' mortgage is designed to give you a helping hand, by providing up to 90% of the property value, leaving you with just 10% to find from your savings.

An extra gift for you

As an added bonus, shortly after your mortgage completes, a £500 IKEA gift card will be sent out to your new home as a housewarming gift from the Coventry for you to spend at your leisure.

How to apply

You can apply for the First Time Buyer Members' Mortgage by:

  • Talking to an advisor in our Customer Service Centre on 0800 121 8899
  • Making an appointment with one of our mortgage advisors at your local branch

If your parent/guardian or your grand parent is the eligible member, they will either need to confirm this over the telephone when contacting the Customer Service Centre or will need to complete a confirmation of eligibility form (PDF 91KB) Opens in a new window that you will need to take with you to your local branch.

By providing proof of eligibility your (parent/guardian or your grand parent) will not be named on your mortgage, so will have no responsibility for keeping up the payments associated with it.

If you do not currently qualify for the First Time Buyer Members' Mortgage , why not have a look at our other first time buyers products, also designed specifically to help you purchase your first home.

Coventry Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (firm reference number 150892 Opens new website in another window). This site is intended for UK residents only. Coventry Building Society. Registered Office: Economic House, PO Box 9, High Street, Coventry CV1 5QN.

Our Customer Service Centre is open Monday to Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm, Sunday 10am-4pm.

Calls to 0800 numbers are free when made from the UK. You may be charged for calls to all other numbers, please contact your service provider for further details. We may monitor, record, store and use telephone calls to help improve our service and as a record of our conversation.